Steve Dempster - Head Instructor
Student • Instructor • Follower • Leader • Traditionalist • Innovator
Jun Fan Gung Fu / Jeet Kune Do
Bahala Na / Giron Arnis Escrima
Pukulan Pentjak Silat
Russian Kettlebell Fitness Protocols
At a very early age, Steve knew he wanted to become a warrior. By 1988, before any formal training, he could be found sparring with friends and training with black belts he knew. At twelve years old, He was absorbing everything he could about hand to hand combat. He began his formal combatives training in 1990.
In 2012, He started LA Combatives Group with some close friends. His goal was on simple, direct and effective training for anyone who wanted it.
Steve considers himself extremely fortunate and is grateful to have trained with and/or be mentored by many notable martial arts greats, some of whom he still trains with.
• Master Kirk McCune & Master Joel Juanitas - Bahala Na / Giron Arnis Escrima
• Pendekar Paul De Thouars & Guru Dan Huybrechts - Pukulan Pentjak Silat Bukti Negara
• Sifu Gary Lam - WSL Wing Chun
• Sifu Tommy Carruthers - Jeet Kune Do
• Guro Dan Inosanto - Kali, Jun Fan Gung Fu, Muay Thai
• Yori Nakamura - Jun Fan Gung Fu, Shooto
• Erik Paulson - Shooto
• Jean Jacques Machado - BJJ
• Sensei Larry Reynosa - Aikido
• Sensei Joel Schlichter - Shorin-Ryu Kenshinkan